With the information gained during your Posture Assessment, we are able to create a specific, tailored improvement plan, and coach you through the process.
Your Posture plan
Posture Correction starts with body awareness. You will learn to hold your body in positions that reduce strain and discomfort. At first, these positions feel awkward and unnatural, but with ongoing reinforcement and practice, they soon become automatic.
Your training programme will also include specific exercises and movements designed to decompress your spine, create space around compressed joints , stretch fascial chains and strengthen muscular slings that create imbalance. These are all designed to help you maintain your new optimal body position.
We base your programme on your lifestyle and needs. If you already attend a gym, you can incorporate new exercises into your routine, if not, you can exercise at home using some simple pieces of equipment – like a Swiss ball or mat. Our online service gives you access to details of your programme and videos of each exercise on your smartphone, to ensure you’re practicing them correctly, every time.
At first, your programme will include frequent training sessions to help you establish positive new habits. Later, you will be able to continue exercising at home and integrate your new practices into your day-to-day routine.
The benefits of Posture Correction
- Reduce drag on your neck, back and shoulders, which means less pain and discomfort
- Reduce strain on your joints through optimal joint position
- Lessen tightness and tension in your body
- Reduce shortness of breath caused by compressed diaphragm and ribcage
- Improved energy levels
- Reduce pressure on your organs and nervous system
- Learn how to move, lift and bend correctly for fewer injuries
- Learn how to move properly for more effective exercise
- Improve performance in sport
- Better sleep
- Prevent orthopedic surgeries
- Support your spine and organs
- Support feelings of confidence and wellness.
If you think your posture needs improving, get in touch to discuss your assessment, coaching and treatment options.